The Disney Designer Collection is back and this year the dolls are inspired by the Ultimate Princess Celebration. Throughout 2021 and into 2022, 15 collectible dolls along with a matching pin will be released on a monthly basis and the next doll featured is Merida.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The Disney Designer Collection is proud to introduce the Ultimate Princess Celebration, a limited-edition series of dolls carefully crafted by artists across The Walt Disney Company.
- Merida is the seventh doll to be featured in the collection and is designed by Wes Jenkins.
- Jenkins dedicates the Merida doll to the memory of his grandmother, Martha. Like Merida, she was a redhead who was headstrong, but also compassionate.
- Jenkins’ connection to Merida goes beyond her hair and personality. Much like the young heroine with her bow and arrow, Jenkins was 4 when he learned to sew and embrace his artistic passions following a path different from other kids his age.
- This design showcases Merida in a blue and red tartan dress embellished with her clan’s symbol in gold displayed across the skirt. Brown leather and golden chains accented with a bow and arrow charm add an eye pleasing level of dimension to the gown.
- Merida’s hair is partially done up allowing her scarlet ringlets to cascade down her back.
- Edition size is 9,800 and the doll retails for $129.99.
- The Disney Designer Collection Merida Doll will be available on shopDisney on April 12th at 7am PT. The companion pin will be available after the doll’s release.
- A link to the individual items can be found below.
- Satin bodice, overskirt, and leggings
- Plaid print fabric
- Metallic filigree appliqué detailing
- Sheer copper mesh sleeves
- Faux fur shoulder tuft and boot tops
- Fringed hem
- Contrast satin skirt lining
- Hinged pin design with partial clear glass door and hard enamel infill
- Merida art designed for Disney by Wes Jenkins
- 3'' H x 1 1/2'' W
Disney Designer Collection:
- This incredible series of dolls will reimagine the iconic looks of 15 Disney Princesses into beautiful high fashion styles that are as unique and special as the ladies themselves.
- Upcoming Disney Princesses in the series include:
- Moana (Moana)
- Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
- Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
Previous releases featured: