- Recently, the Walt Disney Company, notably Disney+, has had a fondness for promoting their new productions with sand sculptures at the Disney Parks. While most of them have been placed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Star Wars fans can find the latest one of these sculptures at the Disneyland Resort.
- Outside of the Star Wars Trading Post in the Downtown Disney District, guests can find a new sand sculpture promoting the release of the Disney+ Original Star Wars Series, Obi-Wan Kenobi, which is set to debut later this month.
- In the new series, the story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.
- The series stars Ewan McGregor, reprising his role as the iconic Jedi Master, and also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader. Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.
- The new sand sculpture heralds the arrival of the new series with a detailed look at a Tatooine-esque landscape with creatures found throughout.
- Guests will likely be able to see the sculpture up until the series is released on Disney+ on May 27th and perhaps a bit beyond, based on the previous sand sculptures found at the Disney Parks.
- Take a look at the previous sand sculptures for other productions, including:
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning