- Fans in attendance at Star Wars Celebration today got a look at a new image from the upcoming Indiana Jones 5 today.
- Director James Mangold then tweeted that image so fans at home could get a better look.
More on Indiana Jones 5:
- Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel join Spielberg as producers on the film.
- Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth and Mangold co-wrote the script.
- The project was first announced back in 2016, originally expected to hit theaters in 2019. At the time, it was being written by David Koepp, who wrote the screenplay for Jurassic Park and the previous Indiana Jones film, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Film composer John Williams who has composed the musical scores for all four previous Indiana Jones films.
- Though originally set to be released on July 29th of this year, the film’s release has now been pushed back to June 30th, 2023.
- Along with the return of Harrison Ford to the iconic role, the cast also includes:
- Antonio Banderas
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Mads Mikkelsen
- Boyd Holbrook
- Shaunette Renée Wilson
- Story details have not been announced at this time, nor is a real title for the film known beyond “Indiana Jones 5″ and little is known of what the production will entail. Stories from on set also revealed a shoulder injury to Harrison Ford during filming.
- The fifth Indiana Jones Film is set to hit theaters on June 30th, 2023.
Be sure to check back for more coverage from Star Wars Celebration all weekend long.