In 2019, Disney’s animated classic The Little Mermaid will celebrate its 30th anniversary. To mark the occasion, Disney will not only release the film on Blu-ray but will also offer the film in 4K Ultra HD.
- Disney has announced the release date of the 30th Anniversary Signature Collection of The Little Mermaid.
- The film will be available for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on February 12.
- Additionally, fans can own the 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray releases on February 26.
- The 30th Anniversary Signature Collection will offer all new bonus features and a sing-along mode so fans can enjoy even more magic with Ariel.
- We actually first heard that the film would be the next release in the Walt Disney Signature Collection via an article in Disney twenty-three magazine back in November.
Bring home the classic story:
- The Little Mermaid Blu-ray Combo Pack 30th Anniversary Edition with FREE Lithograph Set Offer – Pre-Order | shopDisney
- Target.com will offer a special release of The Little Mermaid. Their exclusive edition is available for preorder now.
- BestBuy.com has an exclusive SteelBook, in addition to the standard 4K UHD and Blu-ray editions.
- A separate Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Code Signature Collection combo pack will also be released and can be preordered as well.
All-New Bonus Features:
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … The Little Mermaid. In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of The Little Mermaid in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
Walt Disney Signature Collection:
- Relive magical moments and celebrate some of the most beloved animated classic films from Walt Disney Studios are with this high quality collection.
- Previous Signature Collection releases include:
- February 2016: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- September 2016: Beauty and the Beast
- January 2017: Pinocchio
- June 2017: Bambi
- August 2017: The Lion King
- February 2018: Lady and the Tramp
- May 2018: Peter Pan
- Meanwhile, The Lion King was released in 4K last year.