For several years now, airlines have been adding characters and franchise themes to their aircrafts for promotional partnerships and because it’s so darn fun. The latest airline to take Disney characters to the skies is LATAM Airlines Group. Inspired by Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Stormtrooper Plane will begin commercial flights this October.
- LATAM’s Stormtrooper Plane has taken to the skies!
- The Star Wars themed aircraft landed at Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo, Brazil for the first time today.
- The plane will fly select domestic and international routes including Orlando, Miami, and Madrid among others.
What they’re saying:
- Paulo Miranda, VP Customers, LATAM Airlines Group: “We are excited to mark this relationship with Disney, a company recognized for its commitment to delivering a first-class experience to its customers, which aligns with the work we do every day at LATAM for the 71 million passengers we transport annually. Our customers will now be able to participate in the excitement of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge through our “Stormtrooper Plane”, which will fly to destinations including Orlando, where the new land is based, as well as Miami, Madrid, Frankfurt, Paris and London.”
- LATAM Airlines Group today unveiled the first image of its Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge-inspired aircraft, following the recent opening of the new land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- LATAM Airlines Group will enable customers and fans to travel on an aircraft inspired by the stormtroopers of the First Order from the airline group’s São Paulo/Guarulhos hub to:
- Orlando, where Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is based
- LATAM’s ‘Stormtrooper Plane’ is a Boeing 777
- It can seat up to 410 passengers
- The aircraft was designed by Disney’s creative team in conjunction with Lucasfilm, and was painted using stencils.
- The Stormtrooper Plane is due to arrive in São Paulo/Guarulhos and operate its first commercial flight in October.
About LATAM Airlines Group S.A:
- LATAM Airlines Group is Latin America’s leading airline group with one of the largest route networks in the world, offering services to 143 destinations in 25 countries.
- The airline group employs over 41,000 people worldwide, operating approximately 1,300 flights per day and transporting 69 million passengers per year.
- Learn more at LATAM's website.
- Star Wars fans got a sneak peek at United Airlines’ Rise of Skywalker plane during Star Wars Celebration Chicago.
- A handful of Disney characters have served as the inspiration for themed planes around the world including: