The latest character, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, has been revealed for the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection coming to the Walt Disney World Resort in celebration of its 50th anniversary.
- Disney has shared through Twitter the latest release for the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection, which will celebrate Disney characters with golden sculptures at all four Walt Disney World theme parks in honor of the resort’s 50th anniversary.
- The newest characters to join will be Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, as announced by George Kalogridis, the Walt Disney World 50th Global Ambassador. You’ll be able to find them at Magic Kingdom Park.
Exciting news! George A. Kalogridis, Walt Disney World 50th Global Ambassador, has revealed that Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are part of the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” at @WaltDisneyWorld during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” starting Oct. 1!✨ #DisneyWorld50 pic.twitter.com/jOLiJgXDmc
— Disney Springs (@DisneySprings) July 26, 2021
- The “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” will be found all around the four theme parks with the Mickey and Minnie Mouse sculptures being dedicated to the Disney Cast Members of the past, present, and future.
- More character sculptures will be revealed in the coming weeks by Disney friends including Walt Disney World, Disney+, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, D23, Disney Channel, NatGeoTV, Disney Vacation Club, and more.
- Laughing Place’s Cole Geryak recently published a list of characters he is predicting we might see at all four theme parks you can check out here.
Disney Fab 50 Character Collection Reveals:
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.