- At The Walt Disney Company’s Investor Day last year, it was revealed that Will Smith was partnering with National Geographic on a new series titled Welcome to Earth.
- Now, the first trailer for the upcoming series has arrived:
- Welcome to Earth will find Smith led through a number of exciting experiences accompanied by such scientific experts as:
- Diva Amon: Marine biologist and National Geographic Explorer
- Dwayne Fields: Polar expeditionist
- Albert Lin: Engineer and National Geographic Explorer
- Cristina Mittermeier: National Geographic Photographer
- Erik Weihenmayer: Mountaineer
- The six-part original series promises to combine “breathtaking cinematography with Will’s boundless curiosity and enthusiasm” for an “exciting, multisensory ride through Earth’s most mind-bending portals.”
- This new series is set to premiere on Disney+ this December.
- Welcome to Earth is executive produced by acclaimed filmmaker Darren Aronofsky as well as Protozoa Pictures, Jane Root’s Nutopia and Westbrook Studios.
More Disney+ news:
- Speaking of trailers, last week, fans were treated to the first trailer for the upcoming special Muppets Haunted Mansion.
- On November 12th, Disney+ will celebrate its second anniversary in style with Disney+ Day. The new annual holiday will be marked by the arrival of Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on the platform as well as other new content such as Home Sweet Home Alone and much more.