New York Comic Con is underway today and one panel took a closer look at the upcoming second season of The World According to Jeff Goldblum.
- The panel included:
- Jeff Goldblum
- Penn and Teller
- Street magician Erik Blackwell
- As one could probably surmise based on the guests, the panel focused on an episode of the upcoming second season that will focus on magic.
- Goldblum was asked simply why we love magic so much:
- “Maybe because it sort of gives us a taste of humble pie which is delicious when you can experience ‘hey maybe I’m not so smart as I thought, maybe I don’t know everything there is to know.’”
- Goldblum explained that, in addition to Penn and Teller and Blackwell, the episode also features his interactions with illusionist Zach King and a coven of self-proclaimed witches.
- The panel even features some very impressive closeup magic from Blackwell, which drew applause from the rest of the panel.
- The second season of The World According to Jeff Goldblum will premiere on Disney+ on November 12.
More on The World According to Jeff Goldblum:
- Disney+ announced early last year that its breakout hit series The World According to Jeff Goldblum would return for a second season on the streaming service.
- Produced by Nutopia, The World According to Jeff Goldblum is the service’s first original series from National Geographic.
- After premiering with the launch of the streaming service, subscribers followed host and executive producer Jeff Goldblum across the country as he unravels the fascinating truths behind familiar objects we all know and love.
- The first season explored a spectrum of topics from ice cream and sneakers to denim and RVs. In the 10-episode second season, Jeff will bring viewers on an entertaining and insightful ride around the world as he unearths a new batch of everyday objects.
- Take a Disney-look at some of the topics from each episode: