2018 is shaping up to be an excellent year for movies. Everyone is still coming off the high that is Avengers: Infinity War, and Marvel isn’t slowing down. They are hard at work promoting the next film in Phase 3 of the MCU: Ant-Man and The Wasp. Yesterday, Marvel released the newest poster for the film and today they dropped an all-new trailer:
About Ant-Man and The Wasp:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp will reteam Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly as the titular heroes. Michael Douglas will also return as Hank Pym.
- Audiences will learn more about Hank Pym’s wife and Hope’s mom, Janet van Dyne in the upcoming film.
- Janet will be played by Michelle Pfeiffer. Her character went subatomic (shrunk smaller than an atom) prior to the events of Ant-Man. When Scott as Ant-Man goes subatomic and safely makes it back, Hank wonders if there’s a chance his wife is still alive.
- The main villain is Ghost and will be played by Hannah John-Kamen. You may recognize her from Ready Player One
- Other new characters include Sonny Burch played by Walton Goggins and Bill Foster played by Laurence Fishburne.
- Ant-Man was last seen in 2016’s Captain America: Civil War without The Wasp.
- Where were Ant-Man and The Wasp during Infinity War? The Avengers ponder their whereabouts in this video:
ICYMI—More MCU news:
- Entertainment Weekly shared exclusive photos from the set of the upcoming film as well as quotes from the cast.
- Hasbro has released their exclusive toys featuring Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Marvel released the first trailer for Ant-Man and The Wasp this past January.
- Screen Rant released their latest Pitch Meeting, this time it’s about Ant-Man.
- Taking to Twitter, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, shared a letter thanking fans for their support of the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past 10 years:
Thank You pic.twitter.com/IP3tLSwQmS
— Kevin Feige (@Kevfeige) April 30, 2018