All of your favorite cars are racing to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Along with the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy attraction coming to the Walt Disney World park, guests will be able to enjoy all kinds of new fun themed to Disney-Pixar’s Cars, according to Disney Parks Blog.
- Piston Cup champion Cruz Ramirez will meet and greet guests in front of Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy.
- This is not the first time Cruz has appeared at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The trainer-turned-racer used to meet guests in what is now the Incredibles-themed Municiberg area of the park.
- Cruz isn’t the only car joining Lightning at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- DJ, the ultimate party on wheels, is heading east to Walt Disney World and bringing his party from Radiator Springs at Disney California Adventure.
- Several times a day, guests will get to enjoy “DJ’s Ready! Set! Party Time!,” featuring Lightning McQueen’s Pit Crew.
- DJ’s party will feature Cars-inspired dances and games.
- All of this high-octane fun will begin when Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy opens on March 31 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- For the latest news on the new attraction, be sure to keep an eye on our Project Tracker for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared a sneak peek at some of the artistic influences guests will find throughout Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- Disney has announced that Mizner’s Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be undergoing renovations in the coming months and will therefore close temporarily in April.
- Disney announced that Rafiki’s Planet Watch will reopen this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World has extended their FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours benefits to guests staying at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
- Disney has announced some exciting new enhancements coming to the 2019 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in celebration of the event’s 10-year anniversary.