As part of National Streaming Day, Disney+ has announced that the upcoming original series Muppets Now will premiere on the streaming service on July 31.
- Muppets Now was announced at the D23 Expo back in August.
- Muppets Now is The Muppets Studio’s first original series for Disney+.
- In the six-episode season, Scooter rushes to make his delivery deadlines and upload the brand-new Muppet series for streaming. They are due now, and he’ll need to navigate whatever obstacles, distractions, and complications the rest of the Muppet gang throws at him.
- Overflowing with spontaneous lunacy, surprising guest stars and more frogs, pigs, bears (and whatevers) than legally allowed, the Muppets cut loose in Muppets Now with the kind of startling silliness and heartfelt fun that first made them famous.
- The summer issue of Disney twenty-three offered a look at the upcoming series, including an interview with Kermit and Miss Piggy to talk about their return to the screen—and the importance of Miss Piggy, of course.
- Some of the Muppets joined in on the excitement of the announcement by sharing some of their thoughts on the show’s key art on Twitter.
- Even Hulu got in on the fun.
- Muppets Now will be available on July 31 in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and India.
ICYMI – More Disney+ news:
- Actor Timothy Olyphant has been cast in the second season of The Mandalorian.
- Disney+ has released a first look of the new kids game show, The Big Fib, coming exclusively to the popular streaming service on May 22nd.
- Rick Riodan announced that a new Percy Jackson series is in the works for Disney+ on Twitter, and while he couldn’t share any details, his excitement is genuine and contagious.
- Take a look at everything coming to Disney+ in June, including Artemis Fowl, School House Rock and Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2.