With tomorrow marking the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, more and more exciting new changes keep on coming to the resort. Today, we got to take a look inside Steakhouse 71, the new restaurant opening October 1st at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Steakhouse 71 is located right off Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s newly renovated lobby, in the location formerly occupied by The Wave… of American Flavors.
- The restaurant features a sleek design as well as some Mary Blair-inspired artwork.
- Guests will also find some vintage Walt Disney World art around the restaurant, particularly focused on Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland.
- A couple of weeks ago, we got to take a look at the Steakhouse 71 menu, including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Desserts and a special lounge menu.
- Reservations for Steakhouse 71 can be made now.
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- Last night marked the debut of Harmonious, the brand new nighttime spectacular at EPCOT.
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night. Check out the newly illuminated Spaceship Earth.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.