After 10 years of films Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War hit theatres Thursday night and has made a major impact on the worldwide box office.
- April 30th, Afternoon: Disney reports that totals for Infinity War are actually even higher than originally estimated, with the film making a record-breaking $257.7 million this weekend.
- April 30th, Morning: Estimates now show Avengers: Infinity War raking in $250 million at the domestic box office this weekend and claiming the title of best opening weekend ever.
- In addition to topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ $247.9 million weekend haul, Avengers also easily bested the $541.9 million worldwide opening set by Fate of the Furious, taking in $630 million.
- The movie also saw the best Saturday and best Sunday grosses ever.
- Meanwhile, Black Panther made another $4.3 million and came in fifth at the domestic box office, giving Marvel two films in the top 5 for the weekend.
- April 27th. Morning: According to Box Office Mojo, Infinity War took in $39 million last night, heading into its official opening day today.
- That figure makes it Marvel’s best preview performance, easily besting the $27.6 million Avengers: Age of Ultron made.
- Overall, it ranks as the fourth biggest result for preview shows behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($57 million), Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($45 million), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($43.5 million).
- The film also made $95 million in its first two days of international release.
Stay tuned for more updates throughout the weekend.
- A round-up of what critics are saying about the film can be found here.
- Several Avengers appeared on The Tonight Show this week, singing a parody song titled “The Marvel Bunch.”
- Check out some of the highlights from the Infinity War press event.
- Relive all of the MCU films up to now with this fun recap rap.
- Alex recently reviewed the new Inifity War-inspired board game, Thanos Rising.
- Last month, Disney California Aventure officially announced that a Marvel-themed land would be coming to the park, featuring both Avengers and Spider-Man attractions. As a result, “a bug’s land” will be closing later this summer. Marvel expansions are also in the works at the Walt Disney Studio Park in Paris and at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- A number of Avengers: Infinity War items have been released, ranging from action figures and LEGO sets to apparel and accessories,
- The newest issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine will feature five different covers, including an Infinity War design.
- Is Avengers: Infinity War really the most ambitious crossover event of all time?
- The latest Avengers: Infinity War news.