Walt Disney World is getting ready for the World’s Most Magical Celebration for the 50th anniversary of the resort, and as part of the fun, the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection is set to debut across the four theme parks. A new video has been shared showing off the making of these wonderful statues, also promising more reveals in the coming days.
- Over the past several weeks, Disney cast members, Legends and celebrities have playfully revealed some of the 50 beloved characters that, beginning Oct. 1 and throughout “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” will await discovery as golden sculptures in Walt Disney World Theme Parks in honor of the 50th anniversary.
- Surprise revealers have joined in on the fun from across The Walt Disney Company, representing Disney+, Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Theatrical Group, National Geographic, Walt Disney Imagineering, Disney Vacation Club and more.
- It’s a star-studded group, from Disney super-fan John Stamos (star of the Disney+ Original Series “Big Shot”) revealing Dumbo from the Dumbo ride vehicle he keeps in his living room, to Orlando native Michael James Scott (Genie in Aladdin on Broadway) revealing Abu from the New Amsterdam Theatre, to the incomparable Annie Potts joining us from home to reveal Woody and Bo Peep, the latter of whom being the Toy Story character to whom she’s proudly lent her voice.
- You can find the broad collection of video reveals released thus far by visiting @WaltDisneyWorld on Instagram and checking out the #DisneyWorld50 collection of stories.
- More characters are promised to be revealed in the days ahead, so fans can keep hunting social media and stay tuned for the unveiling of the full lineup of friends gathering for the 18-month-long celebration.
- Walt Disney Imagineering has captured a fun, behind-the-scenes look at the sculptures’ creation. While our reveal videos have shared artist renderings of the sculptures, this video offers your first look at the actual sculptures – and they’re spectacular, and perhaps a lot larger than some have anticipated.
- The characters we know so far: