The 2019 D23 Expo is now just a few weeks away. In anticipation for the event, today the official Disney fan club revealed that this year’s expo will offer advance online reservations for shopping, panels, and more.
Update (8/16/2019 – 1:15 pm PDT):
- D23 shared another Tweet that reservations have now been pushed back to Saturday, August 17 at Noon PDT/3 pm EDT.
- Online reservations for panels and presentations are still scheduled to open today, however they will not be available until 1pm PDT/4pm EDT.
- D23 Tweeted the news earlier today:
UPDATE: Due to last-minute site optimizations, reservations will now be launching at 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET until reservation capacity is full.
Online reservations: https://t.co/ueIC0hNuZL
— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) August 16, 2019
- In an email sent to Expo attendees, it was announced that, for the first time ever at the D23 Expo, guests with activated badges will be able to make advance reservations online.
- These reservations include
- StorePass: Reserves shopping times at select Disney retailers
- StagePass: Offers guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23
- TalentPass: Includes reserved times to meet special luminaries and celebrities
- While StorePass and StagePass had been offered at previous expos, they were distributed on location the day of the event and were not available online.
- D23 says more information about how these advance reservation offerings will work will be released in the near future.
- Additionally, the official D23 Expo app will be available for iOS and Android soon and, last but not least, Expo badges will begin shipping to guests on August 5th.
- The 2019 D23 Expo returns the Anaheim Convention Center August 23rd through the 25th.